I aim for this blog to be a place where I can share my experiences of
infertility and IVF. I will share with others my journey, and hopefully in turn
offer support and insight to others.

Friday 4 March 2011

First Step - Clomid

When I visited the GP to discuss undergoing fertility treatment, he discussed making a referral to an assisted reproduction unit, but in the mean time he prescribed me a course of Clomiphene to see if this could trigger ovualtion. As soon as I was given the prescription, I thought - this is it - I will be pregnant by the end of the month. Because I didn't have a natural cycle and no period, first of all I had to take a drug called norethisterone to trigger a withdrawal bleed, then on days 3-7 of the cycle following the bleed I took the clomiphene. On day 21 I had to go for a blood test to check hormone levels and to see if I had ovulated. The two months that it took to complete the whole cycle and receive the results back felt like the longest two months of my life. I really don't think I appreciated or the GP appreciated the emotional strain such a seemingly simple 'trial' would have on me. Needless to say the results were dissapointing, and it appeared that I had not ovulated. So, the next step was to wait for the referral to the assisted conception unit. But it seemed that everytime I got some bad news, I transferred my hope and longing on to the next step.

1 comment:

  1. ivf cost
    All these facilities in Native indian treatment centers ensure the best requirements and therefore, make surrogacy in Native indian highly popular.

    ReplyDelete